By Conrad Barski
Lisp has been hailed because the world's strongest programming language, yet its cryptic syntax and educational recognition might be adequate to scare off even skilled programmers. these darkish days are ultimately over—Land of Lisp brings the facility of useful programming to the people!
With his brilliantly quirky comics and out-of-this-world video games, longtime Lisper Conrad Barski teaches you the mysteries of universal Lisp. you are going to begin with the fundamentals, like record manipulation, I/O, and recursion, then flow directly to extra advanced issues like macros, greater order programming, and domain-specific languages. Then, while your mind overheats, you could relax with an action-packed comedian ebook interlude!
Along the best way you are going to create (and play) video games like Wizard event, a textual content experience with a whiskey-soaked twist, and Grand robbery Wumpus, the main violent model of Hunt the Wumpus the realm has ever seen.
You'll study to:
- Master the quirks of Lisp's syntax and semantics
- Write concise and chic practical programs
- Use macros, create domain-specific languages, and study different complicated Lisp techniques
- Create your individual internet server, and use it to play browser-based games
- Put your Lisp abilities to the try through writing brain-melting video games like cube of Doom and Orc Battle
With Land of Lisp, the ability of useful programming is yours to wield.